Im pretty sick of all this finger pointing. I'm not sure if I'm just getting older and seeing things differently or if things are getting worse, but there is a lot of blame out there. There seems to be a shift away from personal responsibility for our actions. The thing that is really concerning is that there seems to be pipers leading the children out of the cities.Politicians and media gate keepers on both sides of the donkey/elephant fence are pulling the same blame game that Hitler and Stalin did.
See if this formula sounds familiar:
- The citizens of a country are not happy with their personal economic situations
- Some opportunist identifies a minority or unpopular easily identifiable group of people as the source of the problem
- As the flames of blame burn brighter, the general population begins to blindly follow whomever is telling them that their problems are not their fault
- The people's guilt is reduced as they're told more and more propaganda
- Groups of people are rounded up, interned, silenced, tortured, and/or killed.
While this seems extreme, Hilter didn't come out and say, "People of Germany, let's kill millions of Jews!" in his first speech. It was the evil course his rise to power took. He started with, "your problems are not your fault, look at this group of people who've managed their money well, it's their fault."
Think about what people nowadays say about liberals, conservatives, immigrants, Christians, smokers, fat people, the rich, the poor... Could it be that the animosity that you may feel towards any of these groups is really just a way for you to avoid the cold hard reality that you caused most of the problems you're dealing with right now? If you've made terrible financial choices and lived your life with a buy-now-pay-later reckless abandon and you wake up and find yourself massively in debt and unable to pay your bills... It isn't the rich guy's fault.
Deal with your problems, blaming the gay guy, black guy, white guy, poor guy, rich guy... doesn't solve your problem. At best, you gather a bunch of people to join you in placing blame and you still haven't done anything to help yourself.